Building stronger relationships..
Hi, I'm Richard.
I'm a relationship counsellor with over fifteen years of experience working on the Gold Coast Hinterland and the Scenic Rim. I hold a Master of Counselling degree from the University of Queensland and I am a Level 4 member of the Australian Counselling Association.
One of the earliest signs of a relationship in trouble is the constant presence of a heightened level of conflict. Some conflict is an inevitable part of any relationship but when that conflict becomes constant causing those involved to become more and more unhappy, feeling unloved and disconnected, it's time to seek help.
Don't wait for a crisis to occur - call (or text) me on 0490 749 930 to make an appointment or simply complete and return the form below.
For more information, see "What can we expect from counselling?"
Every situation is different and the number of sessions required will vary from couple to couple. On average 4-10 sessions are sufficient to meet the needs of most couples.
- Face to face counselling - $70 per session (1 hour)
- Internet counselling (Skype or Zoom) - $60 per session (1 hour)
- Telephone counselling - $60 per session (1 hour) .
In therapy, couples learn to replace negative conflict patterns with positive interactions and repair from past hurts. Interventions designed to increase closeness and intimacy are used to strengthen bonds and bring about whatever changes are necessary for them to attain their shared goals for counselling.
Issues frequently addressed in therapy include :-
- Conflict and Communication
- "Stuckness" with nothing ever getting resolved
- Seeking comfort and support outside of the relationship
- Feeling disrespected and unappreciated
- Sexual intimacy
- Emotional distancing and loneliness
- Infidelity, betrayal and trust
- Anxiety and depression
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
- "Richard has a wonderful way of getting to the heart of even the most difficult issues with compassion, understanding and patience. I highly recommend his services as both a couple and individual therapist." (Dan B. Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast)
- "My husband & I had many marriage counselling sessions with Richard and I cannot say enough about how thankful we were to have found him." (Rhonda M. Gold Coast)
- "Following devastating discoveries concerning my husbands infidelity and financial betrayal my doctor suggested I seek counselling and I was referred to Richard. Thanks to Richard I'm able to enjoy life again." (Judy J, Brisbane)
- "I went to see Richard not knowing what to do with my relationship as well as the personal issues that I was having difficulty in dealing with. ... I don’t know how I would be coping the way I am today with out the benefit of his help .. " ( Chris, F; Gold Coast
- "Our time spent with Richard has been invaluable. Richard is professional and experienced, with a wealth of knowledge for relationship counselling. No issue is too big or too small!" (Kellie, Scenic Rim)
- My partner and I went to Richard when we honestly just wanted to give up, split up and move on. If it wasn't for Richard we would've thrown away our relationship (Courtney, Gold Coast)