Building stronger relationships..
Hi, I'm Richard.
I'm a relationship counsellor with more than fifteen years experience working in this field. In addition to other qualifications, I hold a Master of Counselling degree from the University of Queensland and I am a Level 4 member of the Australian Counselling Association.
One of the earliest signs of a relationship in trouble is a constant presence of a heightened level of conflict. Some conflict is an inevitable part of any relationship but when that conflict becomes constant causing those involved to feel more and more unhappy and emotionally distant from each other, it's time to seek help.
Don't wait for a crisis to occur - call or text me on 0490 749 930 to make an appointment or simply complete and return the form below.
Every situation is different and the number of sessions required will vary from couple to couple. On average 4-10 sessions are sufficient to meet the needs of most couples.
$70 for 60 minute session . Additional time charged proportionally. Telephone and on-line counselling $60 per 60 minute session
Counselling is not about 'advice giving' or getting me to help you to make a case against your partner but It is about helping you to discover what changes are necessary for your relationship to not only survive but to really thrive!
A good relationship is one where partners feel safe and secure and where they see the future as predictably stable When you come to me for counselling, I undertake to provide you with tools and interventions that can help restore your relationship into being just that. The interventions that I use are all evidence-based and derived from many different schools of learning but primarily on Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) and The Gottman Method. The Gottman Method is based on 40 years of research on what really works for couples and what doesn't.
Issues frequently addressed in therapy include :-
- Conflict and Communication
- "Stuckness" with nothing ever getting resolved
- Seeking comfort and support outside of the relationship
- Feeling disrespected and unappreciated
- Sexual intimacy
- Emotional distancing and loneliness
- Infidelity, betrayal and trust
- Anxiety and depression
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
- "Richard has a wonderful way of getting to the heart of even the most difficult issues with compassion, understanding and patience. I highly recommend his services as both a couple and individual therapist." (Dan B. Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast)
- "My husband & I had many marriage counselling sessions with Richard and I cannot say enough about how thankful we were to have found him." (Rhonda M. Gold Coast)
- "Following devastating discoveries concerning my husbands infidelity and financial betrayal my doctor suggested I seek counselling and I was referred to Richard. Thanks to Richard I'm able to enjoy life again." (Judy J, Brisbane)
- "I went to see Richard not knowing what to do with my relationship as well as the personal issues that I was having difficulty in dealing with. ... I don’t know how I would be coping the way I am today with out the benefit of his help .. " ( Chris, F; Gold Coast)
- "Our time spent with Richard has been invaluable. Richard is professional and experienced, with a wealth of knowledge for relationship counselling. No issue is too big or too small!" (Kellie, Scenic Rim)