Building stronger relationships..
Hi, I'm Richard.
I'm a relationship counsellor with more than fifteen years experience working in this field. In addition to other qualifications, I hold a Master of Counselling degree from the University of Queensland and I am a Level 4 member of the Australian Counselling Association.
One of the earliest signs of a relationship in trouble is a constant presence of a heightened level of conflict. Some conflict is an inevitable part of any relationship but when that conflict becomes constant causing those involved to feel more and more unhappy and emotionally distant from each other, it's time to seek help.
Don't wait for a crisis to occur - call or text me on 0490 749 930 to make an appointment or simply complete and return the form below.
Every situation is different and the number of sessions required will vary from couple to couple. On average 4-10 sessions are sufficient to meet the needs of most couples.
$80 for 60 minute session ($120 extended session) Telephone and on-line counselling $60 per 60 minute session
In case you were wondering, relationship counselling is not about 'advice giving' or getting me to help you to make a case against your partner! It is about helping you to discover what changes are necessary if your relationship is to not just survive but to really thrive!.
A good relationship is one in which partners not only feel safe and secure but also feel that the future is predictable When you come to me for counselling, I undertake to equip you with the tools and interventions that you will need in order for you to be able to restore your relationship into being one that not only feels safe, secure and predictable but also one that provides you with the basis for you to find true happiness and fulfillment.
The interventions that I use are all evidence-based and derived from many different schools of learning.
Issues frequently addressed in therapy include :-
- Conflict and Communication
- "Stuckness" with nothing ever getting resolved
- Seeking comfort and support outside of the relationship
- Feeling disrespected and unappreciated
- Sexual intimacy
- Emotional distancing and loneliness
- Infidelity, betrayal and trust
- Anxiety and depression
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
- "Richard has a wonderful way of getting to the heart of even the most difficult issues with compassion, understanding and patience. I highly recommend his services as both a couple and individual therapist." (Dan B. Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast)
- "My husband & I had many marriage counselling sessions with Richard and I cannot say enough about how thankful we were to have found him." (Rhonda M. Gold Coast)
- "Following devastating discoveries concerning my husbands infidelity and financial betrayal my doctor suggested I seek counselling and I was referred to Richard. Thanks to Richard I'm able to enjoy life again." (Judy J, Brisbane)
- I went to see Richard not knowing what to do with my relationship as well as the personal issues that I was having difficulty in dealing with. ... I don’t know how I would be coping the way I am today with out the benefit of his help .. " ( Chris, F; Gold Coast)