Building stronger relationships..
Hi, I'm Richard.
I'm a relationship counsellor with over fifteen years of experience working on the Gold Coast Hinterland and the Scenic Rim. I hold a Master of Counselling degree from the University of Queensland and I am a Level 4 member of the Australian Counselling Association.
One of the earliest signs of a relationship in trouble is the constant presence of a heightened level of conflict. Some conflict is an inevitable part of any relationship but when that conflict is constant, causing those involved to become more and more unhappy, it's time to seek help.
The purpose of counselling is to help you repair, restore and rebuild your 'relationship house' into being one where the inhabitants feel safe, the relationship itself is secure and the future is more predictable.
Don't wait for a crisis to occur - call me to make an appointment or simply complete and submit the form below. I will respond within 24 hours.
For more information, see "What can we expect from counselling? Disclaimer: Please note, Gold Coast and Hinterland Counselling claims no responsibility for organisations seeking to promote their business using my practice name. Please confer with myself if in doubt.
Every situation is different and the number of sessions required will vary from couple to couple. On average 4-10 sessions are sufficient to meet the needs of most couples.
- Face to face counselling - $80 per session (1 hour)
- Internet counselling (Skype or Zoom) - $70 per session (1 hour)
- Telephone counselling - $60 per session (1 hour) .
Drawing on a wide range of modalities but primarily on the Gottman Method and Emotion Focused Therapy, I help couples to learn to replace negative conflict patterns with positive ways of interacting with each other and to repair from past hurts. Interventions designed to increase closeness and intimacy are used to strengthen bonds and bring about whatever changes are necessary for them to attain their shared goals for counselling.
Issues frequently addressed in therapy include :-
- Conflict and Communication
- "Stuckness" with nothing ever getting resolved
- Seeking comfort and support outside of the relationship
- Feeling disrespected and unappreciated
- Sexual intimacy
- Emotional distancing and loneliness
- Infidelity, betrayal and trust
- Anxiety and depression
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
- "Richard has a wonderful way of getting to the heart of even the most difficult issues with compassion, understanding and patience. I highly recommend his services as both a couple and individual therapist." (Dan B. Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast)
- "My husband & I had many marriage counselling sessions with Richard and I cannot say enough about how thankful we were to have found him." (Rhonda M. Gold Coast)
- "Following devastating discoveries concerning my husbands infidelity and financial betrayal my doctor suggested I seek counselling and I was referred to Richard. Thanks to Richard I'm able to enjoy life again." (Judy J, Brisbane)
- "I went to see Richard not knowing what to do with my relationship as well as the personal issues that I was having difficulty in dealing with. ... I don’t know how I would be coping the way I am today with out the benefit of his help .. " ( Chris, F; Gold Coast
- "Our time spent with Richard has been invaluable. Richard is professional and experienced, with a wealth of knowledge for relationship counselling. No issue is too big or too small!" (Kellie, Scenic Rim)
- My partner and I went to Richard when we honestly just wanted to give up, split up and move on. If it wasn't for Richard we would've thrown away our relationship (Courtney, Gold Coast)
- "We both would recommend Richard to anyone needing support with their relationship issues! We’ve come through a lot and feel incredibly blessed to have had him help us through it all. Even if you’re not in as bad a place as we were, it’s such a great thing to do to strengthen your relationship!"(Candice, Mt Tamborine)
- "My partner and I had hit a roadblock in our relationship and knew we needed someone to help us. Someone who was a great listener, gave good advice and direction, was supportive to both parties, was caring and valued what we said. Richard was all this and more." (Mel Gold Coast)
Reviews help us grow and improve. If you would like to leave a review for us click here and you will be taken to go a page to leave your review.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.